Wednesday, September 14, 2011

日本が大好き!(I love Japan)

I will admit that I started learning Japanese because of my interest in anime, but over the last few years my love for the Japanese language and culture has blossomed into something I never would have imagined back when I started watching DragonBallZ and Sailor Moon in my childhood. I never imagined that I would have the experience of living in Japan with a host family. And I definitely had no idea that one of my host sisters would come visit me in America during her exchange program in an American school. So many wonderful things have been sparked from a childhood interest in anime.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is pretty neat that you got to live in Japan with a host family. Were you an exchange student here at Columbia?

    About your comment to me...that would be awesome if we could gather a few people and practiced for an hour. I bet it would really help for midterms since we will be having an oral exam. We can chat next time in class and maybe figure something out!

    ReplyDelete